Friday 5/22 marks the day that restaurants in Marion County may open up for in-person dining once again. However, Mayor Hogsett specified that only outdoor dining will be allowed for the time being.
According to WTHR, you won’t be able to drive or park here:
- Broad Ripple Avenue from College Avenue to the Monon Trail
- Georgia Street from Illinois Street to Pennsylvania Street
- Illinois Street from Georgia Street to Market Street
- The southern half of Monument Circle
- Massachusetts Avenue from Delaware Street to College Avenue
These closures may last until July 4th weekend at the latest.
If you’re dining out, you’ll have to follow social distancing guidelines. Tables will be placed 6 feet apart and parties may not exceed 4 people.
For more on restaurant emergency weather plans and how these closures will affect surrounding businesses, click here!